Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery
GENERAL NURSING AND MIDWIFERY (GNM)
The Diploma Course in General Nursing and Midwifery shall be of three years duration.
ADMISSION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM:
- 10+2 with 40% marks from any recognized board. However Science is preferable
- Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government.
- Registered ANM
- 10+2 vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council
- 10+2 Health care Science – Vocational stream from a recognized CBSE board/State/Centre
For foreign nationals
The entry qualification equivalency i.e., 12th standard will be obtained by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. Institution, State Nursing Council will be responsible to ensure that the qualification and eligibility will be equivalent to what has been prescribed as above
For disabled candidates: 3% Disability reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification will be same as prescribed for each nursing programme.
- Admission of students shall be once in a year.
- Students shall be medically fit.
- Minimum age for admission will be 17 years. (as on 31st December of that year) The upper age limit is 35 yrs. For ANM/ for LHV, there is no age bar.
COURSE OF INSTRUCTION
First Year GNM
– Anatomy & Physiology.
– Fundamentals of Nursing.
– First aid
|Community Health Nursing
Health Education & Communication Skills
|Total||672 (16 wks)||1260 (30 wks)|
Second Year GNM
|Subjects||Theory (hours)||Practical (hours)|
|Medical Surgical Nursing-I||130||840
|Medical Surgical Nursing – II||130|
|Mental Health Nursing||70||336
|Child Health Nursing||70||336
|TOTAL||420 (10 weeks)||1512 ( 36 weeks)|
Third Year GNM(Part-I)
|Subjects||Theory (hours)||Practice (hours)|
|Midwifery & Gynaecological Nursing||140||588
|Community Health Nursing-II||100||168
|TOTAL||252 hours||756 hours|
THIRD YEAR Part-II (Integrated supervised Internship)
|Theory Subjects||Theory (hours)|
|Introduction to Research and statistics||30|
|Professional Trends & Adjustments.||30|
|Nursing Administration & Ward Management||40|
|Clinical Areas||Clinical Hours/ weeks *|
|Medical Surgical Nursing||258(6)|
|Community Health Nursing||258(6)|
|Child Health Nursing||86(2)|
|Midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing||344(8)|
|Mental Health Nursing||86(2)|
|COURSE – DIPLOMA IN GENERAL NURSING & MIDWIFERY ( GNM ) , DURATION – 3 YEARS||40|